Sunday, September 2, 2012

Ignorance Is Bliss

For the first time since leaving home, I really don't know where to start, what to say and maybe most important: what not no say.

Two Nights, Three Days

I made it into the jungle. That alone made the journey north to the Ratanakiri Province a succes. I swam in a waterfall, crossed streams fully clothed, rode a boat, swam in a river, met local tribes, accidently smacked the guide walking behind me with a branch, slept in a hammock and as final highlight: took a dump in the woods. What more is there to crave? The company was two guides strong and three people from Germany, one from Canada, one from Norway and myself. Enjoy these pictures of Ratanakiri, more will be added later. You can also go to https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wzib8aol4fsa6jm/arXvRL4i4v?m and acces the Banlung folder.


The squad

Our guide Bouny

Tribal youngster

Visiting a derelict school

Epic

Packing up

Little else needs to be said about the woods. A lot more can be said about loggers, threats, murders, bribes, drugs, rubber, camps, political oppression and a hydroelectic dam but I'm going to decide against putting it in this blog right now> The contents are dark and heavy and because most of it is still fresh in my mind, I can't manage digesting the information right now. Hence there is little point for me to write about it but this:

Today is the first day of the rest of my life.

Again.

No comments: