Sunday, September 30, 2012

Reporting In

A Post Of Few Words

If all goes well, I'll be in Vietnam once again tomorrow. After that I will be heading either east or north, depending on bus connections. If all keeps going well after that, I'll will have done both Sapa and Halong Bay before my flight home, so that 'some people' can get off my back about it. As you might have gathered, I'm less than enthusiastic about returning to Vietnam, so things can only be less bad than expected. In theory.

I've been spending most of the past week in a bus, zigzagging between Laos' severely damaged northern mountains and exploring some towns and villages. My feelings are mixed, thanks to "development" and huge garbage issues. It reminded me of everyone's favorite pirate captain answering his worst friend after he remarks that "The world has become a smaller place."

"No, there's just less in it."

The Lao up here are friendly as ever, so no complaints there. Given the fact that I'm now in a quite remote region and internet prices are astronomical, I'll leave it at that :).



No comments: