Monday, July 23, 2012

Alpha Through Epsilon


What can I say... I'm a geek.


Three days of Hanoi had me craving for a relaxing book. The books I have with me are either guides on how to explore a country or staying alive, while the other kind require of me to write stuff in it. So I went to this bookstore that comes highly recommended, located in the north of town and walked out with a secondhand copy of Aldous Huxley's Brave New World.

The store, aptly called Bookworm, has airconditioning, classical music in the background and a friendly, helpful owner. It's a complete nightmare to find because the alley leading to the store is harder to find than, say, that island from Lost, even if it has a huge sign posted over it.



Yes, those are my drying boxers, deal with it.
 
Today you will notice the lack of pictures, because my current computer gives me static - the shocks, not the fuzzy sound - when I plug my camera in it. - It's fixed - I don't know half a thing about electricity, but I'm guessing it's not good when that happens. When the pictures finally emerge in this post, -they have- you'll see shots taken in two markets which sold everything from fabric to unidentifiable parts of all kinds of animals. I also did some laundry today, so at least one person on this planet is going to be really proud of me.




 I'll be leaving Hanoi in the morning, trading it for a more solitary existence in a greener environment.


Market


Green panda umbrella, stares right back.


1 comment:

Yannick said...

Aldous Huxley ftw!