Friday, July 20, 2012

Incredibly Jetlagged

Live from Hanoi!

Got here safe and sound. It's incredibly hot and humid out here. It's somewhere around 30 degrees Celsius and the air is so heavy I could hit someone with it. I haven't slept in what must be 20 something hours. Can only communicate through short sentences. The internet has wrongfully taught me that I'm now 7 hours older when I am, in fact, only 5 hours older. The disappointment is tangible. 

My inflight computer was broken. I was very sad. This way I got into a lengthy conversation with a Vietnamese girl who didn't care much for inflight computers. This experience has taught me that I stand pretty much alone on this planet in my dislike of the band Muse. So far I have what I can only perceive as good advice from an Irishman and a Dutch woman and I'm trying my very best not to pass out due to the lack of sleep.

Tomorrow brings more excitement, more crushing heat and hopefully the first batch of pictures.

The people are nice, the streets are colorful and throughout the city grow the most beautiful trees I've ever seen. The buzzing of the motorcycles is a lot less irritating than I'd feared and no vendor tries to tear off your clothes in a desperate attempt to sell you something. When a guy on a motorcycle does some insane  maneuvering in a last ditch effort not to kill you, he does so with an apologetic smile. Two hours ago I ate the greatest tofu wrap ever for 40.000 dong, which is less than two euro's. This, in fact, must be paradise.

And I might be high.

No comments: